Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A few thoughts on (another????) Earth Day

Here we go again...
The more things change, the more they stay the same....

Opps, sorry I was just amazed that it's Green Week and Earth Day once again. Seems like every other week is Green Week nowadays. I'm all for protecting our planet, and I'd be willing to bet that throughout my lifetime (especially during my time in Boy Scouts) I've done more good to this planet than bad. Thing is - I don't need a new religion. Or as Jack Nicholson's character said in As Good As It Gets "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up around here."
Lately, it seems like we are getting a lot of crazy. I noticed just a week or two ago that the Denver Nuggets were wearing GREEN uniforms to promote awareness of "environmental" causes. Hmmmm how much did it cost in time and energy to make whole new uniforms. How many windmills did it take to give us those monstrosities.
Oh and it isn't just the average sports fan who is bombarded with this PROPAGANDA. My kids watch Nickelodeon "On Demand" when we need a break. I actually caught a mini ad before Dora (if that show isn't propaganda I don't know what is) which personified the earth as a loving character who "gives a home to the human race" and "cares for me and you". The whole point of this ad is to recycle paper. While on the surface it's fine and cute, I'm sorry but the earth is not a person - it's a thing. This ad is just a start. You put this together with what kids are taught at school about "global warming" and you will see parents being turned in for being "eco-enemies". When you start teaching kids that the cuddly wonderful polar bears (oh wait, they really eat PEOPLE?) are dying because the ice is melting you are just indoctrinating them. (I actually had a guy I went to college with mention that "the polar bears are dying, we have to do something")
Heaven forbid we teach kids to listen to their parents, respect authority, and obey moral standards. But we can't do that anymore. So while we worry about our kids being green - a lot of them get to wear ORANGE, because they don't know right from wrong.
The fact is that I'm worse than a holocaust denier because I do not believe in "man made" global warming. "The argument is over," I've heard High Druid Gore say. Funny thing is, he won't debate anyone so I'm not sure how it's over. The argument hasn't even been made yet. We've only been "smart" enough to calculate and track temperature for a little more than a hundred years. so if the world is 3 billion years old, how do we know that the earth hasn't warmed and cooled 100 times over.
Since when does .0002% of the atmosphere trump the sun, which is approximately 100 times larger than this planet. It's almost like taking a balance ball compared to a golf ball. If that balance ball gets hotter or colder, do you really think that the grass stain on one dimple of that ball has a greater effect?
I recommend that everyone out there pick up a book called "State Of Fear" by Michael Crichton. Remember the guy who wrote "Jurassic Park"?? He started out a few years ago to write a book about what would happen when global warming actually destroyed the earth. Amazingly enough, when he took a hard look at the science, he just couldn't stay with his original concept. THE SCIENCE WOULDN'T SUPPORT IT. He was just too intellectually honest to write a book that propagates a lie. Best part is that he was on the side of the environmentalists, right up to his death. the problem he had is that global warming is a political issue, not a scientific one.
I know - I'm a heretic, holocaust denier, worse than Hitler and Nixon combined. Especially because I wrote this on Earth Day. Well you can simply burn me at the stake, because I'm not going to become one of those TRUE BELIEVERS out there.
Just give me back my basketball! You can keep your religion, I've already got my own and it doesn't depend on anything as temporal as Earth or weather.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I just posted a good article about the "Father" of Earthday, Ira Einhorn. Real piece of work, who murdered his girlfriend and packaged her body up and concealed it in his Philly apt for about 2 years. Arlen Specter arranged to have a low bail, and he subsequently fled to France where he escaped prosecution for decades. It wasn't until Pennsylvania agreed to drop the death penalty that they were able to extradite him. How's that for fuel to your fire...

    ReplyDelete